Town of Washburn
Plan Commission Special Meeting
Date &Time: 3:30 P.M., Sunday, October 16, 2022
Location: Closed Landfill Gate (S. Maple Hill Rd. west of W. Maple Hill Rd.)
- Call meeting to order and verify legal notification.
- Community field visit to Closed Landfill.
- Observe the layout of the landfill site and area soils.
- Learn landfill operational history 1974 – 1990.
- Learn of the purposes of clay cap, topsoil cover, drainage ways, and vegetative cover.
- Learn how leachate from waste affects groundwater.
- Observe the groundwater well monitoring network.
- Learn the difference between groundwater flow direction and surface water runoff.
- Observe changes in landfill cap topography 1990 – 2022.
- Understand the perpetual public responsibility to minimize community exposure to toxic materials buried with municipal waste.
- Opportunity for the commission to solicit community questions and concerns about the closed landfill.
_ _ _ _
Kenneth M. Bro, chair
Washburn Town Plan Commission
75411 Church Corner Rd
Washburn, WI 54891