Property tax information – Updated 1/14/2023
Tax bills and dog license applications are mailed out mid-December.
1. Lottery tax credit: If you are a new resident that resides in the Town of Washburn and this is your primary residence as of January 1, 2022, please go to:
https://www.revenue.wi.gov/DORForms/201c-100f.pdf and print the LC-100 form to be filled out and returned to me or Jenna Galligan at the County Treasurer’s office.
2. If you would like a receipt for your tax payment, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment. OR you can also go to the Public area of Novus found on the Bayfield County Website and check your payment status using your tax id number. https://www.bayfieldcounty.wi.gov/716/Real-Property-Tax-Data (Scroll down to the instructions to get into the program.) or go directly to Novus https://novus.bayfieldcounty.wi.gov
3. Payments are due to the treasurer by the last day in January. Tax payments after that must be sent to the County Treasurer for posting. Please remember to include your tax stub with your tax id number on it. If you are paying through a mortgage company it is nice for them to indicate your tax id number on the paperwork sent in. If you lost your tax invoice go to Novus https://novus.bayfieldcounty.wi.gov. Follow the instructions, type in your name OR tax id number and go to the tab that says Tax Bill. Scroll down and print.
4. Payments postmarked Dec. 31st or prior will be posted in December. However the checks may all not be deposited into our bank until January so they will not be on your December bank statement.
5. The township’s website has a variety of information regarding board meetings, license permits, and numerous other tabs. The website is: https://townofwashburn.wi.gov If I did not include a Dog License permit application with your tax bill, you can find this form on the above mentioned township website. You only need to provide a copy of vet papers to show proof that a dog has an up-to-date rabies vaccination.
6. The treasurer was at the town hall to collect cash payments on Saturday, Jan. 14 from 9-10 am.
7. If you have questions please email me with your name/address/phone and tax id numbers. I will respond as quickly as I can. It is easier than a phone call.
8. If you do not have a computer or internet access and need any forms as mentioned above, please call me and I will mail the specific form to you.
9. I cannot answer questions about taxes on land sold or purchased during the last year. I just send out and collect what is on the tax bill given to me by the land records office.
Town of Washburn Treasurer
PO Box 216
Washburn, WI 54891